There's Magic Out There: National Night Out October 2, 2012

October 06, 2012

National Night Out October 2, 2012

This week we walked just around the corner to my old elementary school. This time around munchkin was joining me and It was special because this will be his school next year. We were going because I heard that our school was one of the sites for National Night Out. What is National Night Out? A night where people from your neighborhood come together over food, fun and music to strengthen neighborhood spirit. We hadn't been to one of these events since I was in school so I didn't exactly know what to expect.


We got there early and watched different organizations arrive to help set up tables and bring treats. We heard that even Mayor Castro was going to be coming to visit the school. We got information on parks and recreation and a huge firetruck came and several policemen came too. Everyone was very friendly and kind. The event was free and open to the neighborhood. The food that was brought was free and set up as a potluck. It was a very nice way to spend an evening. Munchkin got a tattoo and made a collage of fall/Halloween stickers, got a glow stick and a balloon and met some nice kids. He even got to take a picture with Mayor Castro!






We had a great time and are looking forward to more events at the school and in the neighborhood. I think National night Out did fulfill its purpose and bring together the neighborhood. I'm glad munchkin liked being at the school since I want him to only have positive feelings towards his future elementary school.

Did any of you participate in National Night out? What did you do at yours?
Follow on Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Theres Magic Out There. I would love to hear your thoughts. I will get back to you as soon as possible. It makes my day to see your comments and know someones reading my words. Thanks for visiting!